Sunday, July 28, 2013

DropBox - File Sharing for friends

started in 2007. Since then, it is getting huge and introducing new features.
When I lost my Wordpress Hosting. I had a big question of starting again but from where. So, I decided to start with Blogger, the free Service. I customized the template according to my needs. And now I am running my www.appinstore.com using Blogger Services. Thanks to Google.

But still the problem was where to store my wordpress plugin files. So, I tried few hosting services, like mediashare, box.net etc. And in the end, I tried Dropbox. It is amazing.

Yes, Dropbox is amazing. I used it in past. And again I am coming back to it. You can share notes, music, executables, name the type of the file and you can upload to Dropbox. Best part is you can have direct link to share files. Just send the link of the files to your friend to download directly without any sign up or any thing else. You can share your whole folder with your friends by inviting on their email addresses. I remember one of my dear students, Sudarshan shared his folder with sharing the Content about Linux one year back. And guesss what it is still working.

I think for students, this is the best file hosting options. Use it for sharing, Use it for Online Backup, or anything else. You can simply download the DESKTOP software for dropbox. Tell it which folder has to be sync, It will start syncing your folders automatically. Just copy-paste the file to shared dropbox folder, it will be automatically available to friends with whom you shared this folder.

I think every student should try this service. You can share assignments easily and even can work assignments collectively. No need to send files via emails. Just copy the file to Dropbox Folder and that's it.


Click here to try and signup DropBOX

BP Profile as Homepage version 1.1 - updated for Wordpress 4.1 and Buddypress 2.1.1

After pointing out by John Clause, I have just updated the plugin for Wordpress 4.1 and Buddypress 2.1.1. Now enjoy the facebook function...